Friday, October 26, 2012

The wonderful world of Melissa Odabash...





Celebrity designer Melissa Odabash has taken the luxury swimwear scene by storm with her sensual and glamorous creations. We are proud to offer our customers the chance of winning one of her famous kaftans. In this blog, meanwhile we talk about the wonderful world of Melissa Odabash... 

Creation "Kara"
 "Sanela" - More creations below...

Where in the world does she most like to travel, and which places most inpire her creativity?

 What are your favourite holiday destinations of all time? 


“Being American, I have a soft spot for Florida and Miami  - I have a home there, I can spend time with my family, there is great weather all year round, great shopping and restaurants. I love to take my kids there as there is so much for them to do.  Tuscany is my favourite for dining, the food is to die for!  I also love the little islands to discover during the day, the shopping is always great and the Italian men aren’t too bad to look at either!  For a more chilled out atmosphere, I head to Ibiza – I love the old town and the tapas bars, Formentara just of the coast is a great place to escape to after a little too much partying, the sea there is pure turquoise!  And of course St Tropez combines the best of relaxation with jet-set partying, and there are great cafes along the port for a spot of people watching!”

 

Where do you like to go to completely relax, chill out and escape?


“The Banyan Tree hotels in Thailand are fantastic for unwinding, I go there and switch off my phones and relax!   The Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary in Phuket is the best for a complete well-being experience, and the DoublePoolVillas in Phuket are perfect for complete escapism, whilst for a bit of glamour I love Banyan Tree Samui . Each property is so peaceful and the spas are amazing, I always look forward to my holidays in Asia!”  


Where are your favourite beaches across the world? 


“I would have to say St Barts – Salinas beach; White Beach – Boracay Island Philippines; and beaches on Long Island – Southampton, NY, however the beaches of the Maldives and the Seychelles look very enticing and are on my hit list to visit!” 


Which destinations around the world give you inspiration for your designs?   

“It has to be Bali – I love all the prints and embroidery that comes from there.  I can even have a massage whilst getting inspired… I am so lucky that my job entitles me to work on a beach!  Also Morocco - I recently travelled there and explored the beautiful souks.  As the kaftan originated from this country, the inspiration is endless!”


What do you think makes a great hotel spa?


“The atmosphere is extremely important, you want to feel like you have been transported from day to day life into a calming and relaxing environment.  Banyan Tree Phuket has one of the best spas in the world, with the largest treatment rooms (they’re private villas!) and an authentic, personalised service, which I love.  I have had so many spa treatments in my lifetime that I know when it will be a good or bad experience, I am sure I am destined to open my own spa!”

Where do you want to go for your next holiday (that you haven’t been to before)?


“I would love to go to one of the Banyan Tree resorts in the Maldives (Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and Banyan Tree Madivaru), the perfect destination to combine complete relaxation, fabulous beaches and refined luxury!”



"Paris"



"Louise"




For a glimpse at Melissa's fabulous kaftan creation that we are giving to 30 Select Collection customers who book a Banyan Tree or Angsana resort, see below, and for more information about this great offer please go to www.selectcollection.com/banyantree.








* More on our website about our special collaboration with Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts and Melissa Odabash. To get one of these kaftans you need to book the right resort at the right place at the right time.   Book a Banyan Tree or Angsana resort through any office of Select Collection after 1 November 2012 - and tell our consultant you would like a Melissa Odabash kaftan... first come first served. (Important: See our web page for all the rules on how to qualify.)
For Melissa's own website see

 
www.odabash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment