Luxury in London. Looking at where to stay in the endlessly intriguing city, Product Director Neil Bedford continues with a look at 45 Park Lane...
45 Park Lane
|Entering the new Dorchester Collection property - |
just over the road from The Dorchester
The smart but discreet 45 Park Lane is just steps away from sister hotel The Dorchester but so very different. Contemporary interiors designed by New York-based Thierry Despont - architect, curator, artist and designer - take inspiration from his own idiosyncratic world of art, history, technology and design. Modern art is scattered around like confetti and together with the intimate size of the hotel makes it feel more like a private residence or club.
Only 45 rooms, all of them very generous in size and with beautiful modern décor. In this, intimate hotel, all rooms face the park. There is a casual but luxurious aura.
Room interiors are decorated in a contemporary art deco style of rich dark materials, contrasting with light colours and sensual textures. From the entry level categories enjoy bespoke furniture and hi-tech amenities including a state of the art Bang & Olufsen television. Floor to ceiling windows in most rooms afford views over Hyde Park. The Executive Deluxe Rooms on the 8th floor are some of the most popular with their private balconies overlooking the park.
For something truly special the exclusive Penthouse Suite can be found on the roof of the hotel. A wrap-around balcony offers panoramic views of London while inside guests will find a spacious living room and separate oval dining room.
A striking central staircase leads to the first floor featuring Bar 45, famous for its delicious sliders and exotic cocktails. For fine dining visit CUT at 45 Park Lane, internationally-acclaimed chef Wolfgang Puck’s first restaurant in Europe, a modern American steak restaurant. Delectable dishes range from prime Wagyu beef to succulent lobster and creative salads. Relax at weekends with brunch and a Bloody Mary, custom-made to your liking, as you listen to live jazz.
Gym and Spa
A small fitness studio is available 24 hrs a day and massage treatments can be provided in room. Guests are welcome over to The Dorchester to use the larger gym and spa.
|Dazzling modern decor|
|Fashionable lounging spaces|
Location 45 Park Lane
Only 5 mins from Hyde Park Corner tube. Strategically located in London's exclusive Mayfair on Park Lane (between Marble Arch and Hyde Park Corner), 45 Park Lane is within easy access to London's most exclusive shopping areas, including New Bond Street, Old Bond Street and Knightsbridge. Oxford Street and Piccadilly are also close by while peak and quiet are easily found in Hyde Park which the hotel overlooks.
Nearby 45 Park Lane:
- Oxford Street/Bond Street (1 0mins) - All the favourite High Street shops as well as Selfridges department store.
- Buckingham Palace (15 mins) - Visit the working headquarters of the Monarchy, and the place where The Queen carries out her official duties (only open late July – end September).
- Knightsbridge (15 mins) – Walk through Hype Park to the exclusive area of Knightsbridge with iconic department stores like Harrod’s and Harvey Nichols competing for your attention.
- Hyde Park (over the road) - There's something for everyone in Hyde Park, from swimming and boating in the Serpentine to concerts and exhibitions.
- The streets of Mayfair (on your doorstep) – London’s most bespoke galleries, theatres, boutiques, bars, cafes, restaurants…
- Soho (15 mins) - Countless drinking holes, excellent restaurants, unique boutiques and varied nightlife