Thursday, March 12, 2015

HOTEL CHECK MALDIVES, Anantara Kihavah

One of our enthusiastic travel bloggers, Ann Jurk, visits the Maldives for the third time to discover Anantara Kihavah. She declares herself entranced, delighted and "in love" with the island resort. 

Yes. We have experienced such wonderful resorts, yet I found Anantara impressed me in a special way…



Over water villas

Ann's over water "home" 


How to make you feel welcome

In a spacious water villa

I stayed in an Over Water Villa, elegant and yet with a rustic feel.  In the large bathroom there is a big bathtub with glass floor so you can see into the sea. There are also two showers one inside and one outside.

An unusal window into the lagoon


You have direct access to your private pool from the bedroom/living room. The sundeck is spacious with two sunbeds. I prefer the Overwater Villa to the Beach Pool Villa. Though they are the same size the  overwater villa feels bigger.


Eating

Even if the Island is small you have many restaurants to choose between and I tried them all!



In-villa dining


SEA - one of the world's few underwater restaurants. The view is best at lunch time
SEA
SEA. I went twice to SEA (underwater) restaurant both for dinner and lunch. Fish float by your eyes outside the window, under water. Here you have a set menu (different if you eat dinner or lunch). I recommend eating at lunch time because you will see the sealife much better.


FIRE

FIRE is the restaurant that I liked the most. The restaurant only has a few places so always book in advance! Here you will be served Japanese food from an open kitchen.

SALT serves very tasty Asian food. Here you have many dishes to choose between.

SKY is more like an overwater bar but you can have some small tapas also. Go here to see the sunset, amazing!

PLATES is the buffet restaurant and here you also have the breakfast. After two days in the resort I didn’t have to go and get my breakfast -  the staff already knew what I wanted, omelet and natural yogurt with fresh fruit.

Plates buffet restaurant


MANZURO, located at the pool area. A cozy Italian restaurant with nice food and of course a lot of nice wines. I would like to give the food and beverage team a big praise for their knowledge and service. The staff did make a big impression on me!

Reasons to love Anantara...

 The service level was fabulous and the staff always had a smile on their faces!
 All restaurants keep up a high standard - see above.
 I went to the gym almost every day and Dimu served me with towels and cold water. After that he took care of my daughters and introduced them to a lot of new sports.
 The SPA was amazing with overwater treatment rooms. There was also a relaxing area at the back with Jacuzzi, beds and different snacks. I went twice for treatments.
 Common swimming pool, this one is located at the Italian restaurant. Even though all accommodations have their private pool I like to have the opportunity to swim in the common pool. Especially if you are travelling with children.
 Kids club, though not big, it had plenty of activities. Cooking classes at the Fire restaurant (making sushi), complimentary dolphin cruises and Henna tattoo among others.

Keeping kids happy

Returning guest

The prior reason I would like to go back to Anantara is for the kindly staff and the food.

How to get to Anantara Kihavah


The resort is located in the Baa Atoll only 30 minutes by Seaplane from Male.

We flew Business class with Turkish to Male.
Travelling in business class is always nice. Turkish has a new business class with high quality and high comfort. There are flat beds with a big pillow and a large and soft blanket. It doesn’t feel as if you spent many hours on the plane. We flew from Stockholm in the evening to Istanbul and departed from Istanbul to Male at 01:00. Perfect I think because then we just slept for 8 hours.

Ann Jurk, 20141120


No comments:

Post a Comment